Effects of this medicine
This medicine is used for parkinsonism with inhibitory effect on parasympathetic nervous system and smooth muscle relaxant effect.
It is usually used to treat parkinsonism (disturbance of activities of daily living, trembling of limbs, postural abnormality, muscle stiffness and symptoms of slow movement, etc.), dyskinesia (a state to move the mouth or body independent of one's will) and akathisia (inability to stay still).
Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- For treatment in case caused by psychotropics : In general, for adults, take 1 to 5 tablets (2 to 10 mg of the active ingredient) daily in 3 to 4 divided doses. The dosage may be adjusted according to the age or symptoms. Strictly follow the instructions.
For other treatment : In general, for adults, take 0.5 tablets (1 mg of the active ingredient) on the first day, 1 tablet (2 mg) on the second day, and then be increased by 1 tablet (2 mg) per day, and then take 3 to 5 tablets (6 to 10 mg) per day in 3 to 4 divided doses as a maintenance dose. The dosage may be adjusted according to the age or symptoms. Strictly follow the instructions.
- If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses at one time.
- If you accidentally take more than your prescribed dose, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless your doctor instructs you to do so.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include disorientation (disorder ability to correctly understand time, location, and surrounding conditions), nervousness, excitation, dizziness, ataxia, sleepiness, headache, malaise, euphoria (a condition that is free from the actual situation and an uncommon mood), thirst, nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, dysuria, urinary retention, rash, palpitations, focus disorder, and mydriasis. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- tachycardia, dysphagia, muscle stiffness, fever, consciousness disorder [malignant syndrome]
- confused state lacking mental unification, seeing thing or hearing sound that do not really exist, mild disturbance of consciousness with illusion [mental confusion, hallucination, delirium]
- eye pain, headache, reduced visual acuity [angle-closure glaucoma]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.