Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have unstable angina not stabilized by medicine treatment.
If you have: atrioventricular block, sympathetic dysfunction, stenotic heart valve disease, pericarditis, pericardial effusion, stenotic carotid artery disease with cerebral insufficiency, untreated hypovolemia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (emphysema, chronic bronchitis).
If you have or are suspected to have bronchospastic lung disease such as asthma or history of it, sick sinus syndrome or symptomatic sinus bradycardia (unless an artificial pacemaker is in place).
If you have: QT prolongation syndrome, hypotension, heart failure in decompensated state, acute myocardial infarction, bundle branch block.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Precautions while taking this medicine
- Do not take any food or beverages containing caffeine, such as coffee, black tea, Japanese tea, cola, or chocolate, within 12 hours before the examination. Do not eat or smoke within 2 hours before the test.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include chest symptoms such as chest pain/epigastric discomfort, flushing/warmth, decreased blood pressure, atrioventricular block, ventricular extrasystole, supraventricular extrasystole, headache/dull headache and dyspnea. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- cardiac arrest, dizziness, chest pain, chest discomfort, palpitation, shortness of breath, acute feeling of pressure in the chest, anginal pain, cold sweat, fear of death [cardiac arrest, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, myocardial infarction]
- dizziness on standing up, dizziness, weakness [excessive decrease in blood pressure]
- dizziness, syncope, cardiac arrest [sinoatrial block/complete atrioventricular block]
- respiratory distress, breathing difficulty on exertion [respiratory disorder]
- palpitation on exertion, respiratory distress, breathing difficulty (relieved when sitting upright), nausea [pulmonary edema]
- headache, nausea, vomiting, temporarily impaired consciousness, hemi paralysis (paralysis of one side) of limb, speech difficulties [cerebrovascular disorder]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.