Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- For the pretreatment of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in malignant lymphoma: In general, administer by intravenous drip infusion with busulfan over 2 hours, once a day for 2 days.
For the pretreatment of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in pediatric malignant solid tumors: In general, administer by intravenous drip infusion with melphalan over 24 hours, once a day for 2 days in a row with a drug cessation period of 5 days, and then repeat the administration for 2 days in a row.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include diarrhea, nausea, stomatitis, loss of appetite, vomiting and taste abnormality. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- fever, chills, general malaise [infection]
- sudden high fever, sore throat, nose/gum bleeding, dizziness [myelosuppression]
- bloody phlegm, blood mixed vomited material, bloody stool [bleeding]
- breathing difficulty, increased body weight, edema [pulmonary edema, edema, fluid retention]
- decreased urine output, edema, general malaise [renal dysfunction]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.