Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include injection site reaction such as injection site erythema, injection site itching, injection site swelling, and injection site pain. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- erythema, chill, breathing difficulty, pale face, cold sweat [shock, anaphylaxis]
- fever, erythema, blister, erosion [toxic epidermal necrosis, oculomucocutaneous syndrome]
- fitful muscular contraction [convulsion]
- chest pain, palpitation, discomfort in chest [QT prolongation, ventricular tachycardia]
- fever, general malaise, decreased urine output, edema of limbs or face [acute renal failure, interstitial nephritis]
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, malaise, itch, yellowing of the skin or white eyes [fulminant hepatitis, liver dysfunction, jaundice]
- fever, sore throat, general malaise, bleeding tendency (e.g. gum/nose/subcutaneous bleeding) [pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia]
- fever, dry cough, breathing difficulty [interstitial pneumonia, eosinophilic pneumonia]
- abdominal pain, frequent diarrhea, nausea [serious colitis with bloody stool such as pseudomembranous colitis]
- muscle pain, lassitude, red-brown urine [rhabdomyolysis]
- sweating, palpitation, lassitude [hypoglycemia]
- pain in the periphery of tendons, edema, redness [achilles tendinitis, tendinopathy such as tendon rupture]
- difficulty in thinking, unable to recognize time or place, incoherent speech and action [psychiatric symptom such as confusion, delirium, depression]
- fever, joint pain, purpura [hypersensitivity vasculitis]
- drooping of upper eyelid, double vision (objects are seen overlapping), and increased muscle fatigue during exercise [exacerbation of myasthenia gravis]
- hoarseness, swallowing difficulty, pain in the chest and back, bloody phlegm, breathing difficulty [aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection]
- numbness of limbs, muscle weakness, pain [peripheral neuropathy]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.