Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include fever, nausea, malaise, headache, anemia, bone pain, joint pain, erythematous skin rash (red rash), macular skin rash (red rash), angioneurotic edema (swelling of eyelid/lip, breathing difficulty, hives), hives, erythema, blister, skin rash, eczema and itch. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- decreased urine output, edema, hematuria, decreased consciousness, thirst [acute renal failure, interstitial nephritis, fanconi syndrome]
- general edema, respiratory distress, easy to breathe in sitting position than when lying [congestive heart failure (edema, respiratory distress, pulmonary edema)]
- convulsion, lassitude in muscle, numbness, unable to recognize place, time or name, palpitation [hypocalcemia]
- fever, cough, respiratory distress [interstitial pneumonia]
- pain of jaw/tooth, filling with pus, delay in healing wound after tooth extraction [osteonecrosis and osteomyelitis of the jaw]
- ear pain, ear discharge [osteonecrosis of the external auditory canal]
- pain of the thigh/inguinal region [atypical subtrochanteric and proximal femoral fracture]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.