Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include rash, hives, diarrhea, loose stool, taste abnormality, stomachache, abdominal bloating, nausea, vomiting, constipation, glossitis, stomach discomfort, loss of appetite, flatulence/flatus, headache, fever, hallucination, disorientation, disturbance of consciousness, delirium, mania, tremor, numbness (feeling of numbness), ear ringing, hearing impairment, olfactory disorder, oral erosion, tooth discoloration, muscle pain, candidiasis, palpitation and itch. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- feeling unwell, sweating, breathing difficulty, rash, swelling of face, convulsion [shock, anaphylaxis]
- dullness, fever, shortness of breath, nose/subcutaneous bleeding, reddish brown urine [pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, granulocytopenia, leukopenia]
- yellowness in the skin or whites of the eyes, dullness, loss of appetite [fulminant hepatitis, hepatic function disorder, jaundice, hepatic failure]
- fever, dry cough, shortness of breath [interstitial pneumonia, eosinophilic pneumonia, PIE syndrome]
- fever, general malaise, rash/redness in the skin/eyes/mouth [toxic epidermal necrolysis, mucocutaneous ocular syndrome, erythema multiforme, acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, erythroderma]
- decreased urine output, swelling of face/limbs, fever [acute kidney injury, interstitial nephritis]
- nausea/vomiting, convulsion, headache, disturbance of consciousness [hyponatremia]
- weakness, muscle pain, brown urine [rhabdomyolysis]
- stomachache, frequent diarrhea, bloody stool [colitis]
- chest pain, palpitation, chest discomfort [QT prolongation, ventricular tachycardia (including torsade de pointes), ventricular fibrillation]
- IgA-vasculitis [allergic purpura]
- rash, fever [drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome]
- stiffness in the neck, fever, headache, nausea/vomiting [aseptic meningitis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.