Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include Parkinson's symptoms (trembling of limbs, muscle stiffness, excess saliva, hypokinesia, abnormality in walking, stare at one point with no expression and little blink, difficulty in swallowing, unnatural and awkward way of speaking, etc.), akathisia (restlessness), weakness, malaise, dizziness, lightheadedness, dizziness on standing up, injection site reaction (reddened areas, swelling, pain, hard lumps, etc.). If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- acute fever, muscle stiffness, convulsion, conscious disorder [malignant syndrome]
- dizziness, palpitation, shortness of breath [ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia]
- severe lower abdominal pain, failure of passing stool/gas, nausea, vomiting [paralytic ileus]
- repeated lip pursing, tongue thrusting, movement of the mouth appearing to chew something [tardive dyskinesia]
- fever, chest pain, breathing difficulty, edema of lower limbs, swelling of limbs [pulmonary embolic disease, deep thrombophlebitis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.