Effects of this medicine
This medicine shows antineoplastic activity by combining with DNA of cancer cells and inhibiting DNA replication.
It is usually used to improve symptoms of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myelocytic leukemia, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, cervix cancer, cancer of endometrium, breast cancer, head and neck tumor and bladder tumor.
Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have hepatic dysfunction, renal dysfunction, marrow depression, infection, varicella.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, general malaise, weight loss, bleeding tendency and anemia. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- anemia, purplish bruise, decreased urine output, impaired mind [hemolytic-uremic syndrome, microangiopathic hemolytic anemia]
- decreased urine output, general edema, general malaise [serious nephropathy such as acute renal disorder]
- general malaise, bruise, dizziness [marrow depression such as pancytopenia, leucopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hemorrhage and anemia]
- fever, dry cough, breathing difficulty [interstitial pneumonia, pulmonary fibrosis]
- rash, breathing difficulty, blood pressure decreased [shock, anaphylaxis]
- general malaise, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and the white of eyes , flapping tremor in hands [liver and biliary tract disorder (cholecystitis, bile duct necrosis, parenchymatous liver disorder)]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.