Effects of this medicine
This medicine is a carbapenem antibiotic and has bactericidal activity by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls.
It is usually used for treatment of a wide range of infections such as respiratory infection, blood infection, skin infection, urinary-tract infection, febrile neutropenia, and purulent meningitis.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include hepatic dysfunction (general malaise, loss of appetite, vomiting, etc.), diarrhea, rash, fever, hives, erythema, pruritus, redness and heat sensation. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- breathing difficulty, dizziness, hives [shock, anaphylaxis]
- decrease in urinary volume, edema, headache [acute renal disorder]
- general malaise, loss of appetite, yellowing of skin or conjunctiva [fulminant hepatitis, hepatic dysfunction, jaundice]
- fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain [pseudomembranous colitis]
- fever, dry cough, breathing difficulty [Interstitial pneumonia, PIE syndrome]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.