Effects of this medicine
This medicine inhibits growth of cancer cells at a cell division level and destroy the cells.
It is usually used to treat head and neck cancer, small cell lung cancer, testicular tumor, ovarian tumor, uterine cervical cancer, malignant lymphoma, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer and pediatric malignant solid tumor (neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, hepatoblastoma, central nervous system germ cell tumor, recurrent/refractory Ewing's sarcoma family of tumor, nephroblastoma).
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, hives, loss of hair, general malaise, fever, diarrhea, stomatitis, stomachache, constipation, rash, urine with blood, protein urea, edema, chill, dehydration, weight loss, respiratory distress, peripheral neuropathy and headache. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- fever, chill, cough, nasal discharge, dizziness, bleeding tendency, continuous bleeding, bruise, dullness, easy fatigability, shortness of breath, sore throat [myelosuppression such as pancytopenic]
- lips/nails turning bluish-purple, breathing difficulty/chest tightness, suddenly feeling unwell, dizziness [shock, anaphylaxy]
- fever, cough, breathing difficulty/chest tightness [interstitial pulmonary disease]
- inability to pass urine, urine with blood [acute renal failure]
- jaundice [hepatic failure, hepatic function disorder, jaundice]
- severe stomachache, hematoma [gastrointestinal necrosis, gastrointestinal perforation, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastrointestinal ulceration]
- severe stomachache, diarrhea [hemorrhagic enteritis, pseudomembranous colitis]
- loss of appetite, nausea/vomiting, severe constipation, stomachache, abdominal distention, retention of bowel contents [paralytic ileus]
- decreased consciousness, numbness of limbs, breathing difficulty [cerebral infraction, lung infraction]
- numbness of limbs, breathing difficulty [thrombosis/embolism]
- palpitation, shortness of breath, chest pain, breathing difficulty [myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure]
- bleeding tendency, continuous bleeding, failure of urinating, yellowness in the skin or whites of the eyes, dizziness, purple spots in the skin [hemolytic-uremic syndrome]
- sudden respiratory distress [acute respiratory distress syndrome]
- bleeding tendency, continuous bleeding [disseminated intravascular coagulation]
- severe upper abdominal pain [acute pancreatitis]
- hearing loss [hearing impairment]
- unstableness while walking, speech disorder, memory loss, slow movement [leukoencephalopathy (reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy)]
- Decreased urination [Oncolytic syndrome]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.