Effects of this medicine
This medicine enhances antimicrobial activity of antimicrobial drugs by elevating pH in the stomach via inhibition of the proton pump in the gastric mucosa.
Used concomitantly with two different antimicrobial agents for treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection which leads to development of gastric ulcer/duodenal ulcer, gastric MALT lymphoma, or idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. This medicine may also be used in endoscopic therapy for early gastric cancer.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
Common side effects are reported as below. If any of them occurs, check with your doctor/pharmacist: soft stool, diarrhea, taste abnormality, enlarged feeling of abdomen, rash, itching, etc.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- generalized rash, facial swelling, breathlessness [anaphylactic reaction/shock]
- dullness, fever, shortness of breath, nose bleeding/subcutaneous hemorrhage, red-brown urine [pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, granulocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, decreased platelet count, anemia]
- yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dullness, loss of appetite [serious liver dysfunction]
- fever, general malaise, rash on the skin/eyes and in mouth [toxic epidermal necrolysis, mucocutaneous-ocular syndrome]
- abdominal pain, frequent diarrhea [serious colitis]
- fever, dry cough, breathlessness [interstitial pneumonia]
- fever, rash, joint pain [interstitial nephritis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.