Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- In general, for adults, start with taking 0.375 to 1.125 mL (0.75 to 2.25 mg of the active ingredient) per day, and increase the dose in incremental steps. Standard maintenance dose is 1.5 to 3 mL (3 to 6 mg) per day, however it may be adjusted according to the age or symptoms. Strictly follow the instructions of your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you miss a dose, take a dose as soon as you remember. However if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses at once.
- If you accidentally take more than your prescribed dose, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without the instructions of your doctor.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include Parkinson's symptoms (tremor, muscle rigidity, salivation, bradykinesia, gait disorder, mask-like face, dysphagia), akathisia (restlessness), insomnia, feeling irritated, nervousness, liver dysfunction (general malaise, anorexia), rash, hives, itch, photosensitivity, respiratory distress and laryngismus (coughing fit). If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- sudden fever, muscle rigidity, tremor of limbs [malignant syndrome]
- dizziness, palpitation, shortness of breath [ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia]
- loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, severe constipation [paralytic ileus]
- involuntary movement of face, particularly around the mouth [tardive dyskinesia]
- loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, convulsion [syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.