Effects of this medicine
This medicine expands the bronchial tubes by relaxing bronchial smooth muscles and increases the force of heart contraction.
It is usually used to treat bronchial asthma, asthmatic bronchitis, pulmonary heart disease, congestive heart failure, pulmonary edema, cardiac asthma, Cheyne-Stokes respiration, respiratory distress associated with obstructive pulmonary disease (emphysema, chronic bronchitis, etc.) , angina pectoris (attack prevention) and acute phase of cerebral stroke.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include rash, itch, hives, erythema, erythema exsudativum multiforme, fixed drug eruption, bad mood, headache, insomnia, irritation, dizziness, ear ringing, tremor, numbness, involuntary movement, hypertonia, facial flush, palpitation, tachycardia, facial pallor, arrhythmia, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, diarrhea, abdominal bloating, indigestion (heartburn, etc.), hiccup, frequent urination, anemia, edema, malaise, joint pain, sweating, chest pain, nose bleeding and numbness (around mouth and tongue). If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- hives, facial pallor, cold sweat, dizziness, breathing difficulty, shortness of breath [shock, anaphylactic shock]
- convulsion, semi-consciousness, loss of consciousness [convulsion, consciousness disorder, acute encephalopathy]
- muscle pain, weakness of limbs, red urine [rhabdomyolysis]
- chest or abdominal pain, black stool, vomiting of blood [gastrointestinal bleeding]
- shortness of breath, facial pallor, rapid heartbeat [pure red cell aplasia]
- malaise, nausea, loss of appetite, itching, yellowing of the skin and the white of eyes [liver dysfunction, jaundice]
- rapid breath, thirst, increased urine output, malaise [tachypnea, hyperglycemia]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.