Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have renal disorder, myelodysplastic syndrome, malignancy or hepatic dysfunction.
If your blood platelet count is less than 50,000/mm3.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- In general, take 12 mg of the active ingredient per kg of body weight at a time, once a day. The dosage should be adjusted as needed basis. However, it should not exceed 18 mg/kg per day. 1 package contains 360 mg of the active ingredient. It may be used with packages which have same active ingredient but have different content (90 mg). Strictly follow the instructions.
- If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses at one time.
- If you accidentally take more than your prescribed dose, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless your doctor instructs you to do so.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, indigestion and rash. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- hives, breathing difficulty, swelling around eyes/lips [shock, anaphylaxis]
- decrease of urine volume, edema, headache [acute renal failure, renal tubular disorder]
- decreased appetite, general malaise, jaundice [hepatitis, hepatic failure]
- nausea, severe stomachache, black stool [gastrointestinal perforation, gastric ulcer (including multiple ulcer), duodenal ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding]
- fever, rash/bulla, red eye, sore lips/mouth [mucocutaneous ocular syndrome, erythema multiforme]
- hearing difficulty of voice or sound [hearing disorder (hearing loss)]
- sensitive to bright light, blurred vision, reduced visual acuity [lens opacity (early cataract), optic neuritis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.