Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include Parkinson's symptoms (tremor, muscle rigidity, salivation, bradykinesia, gait disorder, mask-like face, dysphagia), insomnia, feeling irritated, liver dysfunction (general malaise, anorexia), rash, hives, itch, photosensitivity, laryngismus (coughing fit) and respiratory distress. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- sudden fever, muscle stiffness, tremor of limbs [neuroleptic malignant syndrome]
- dizziness, palpitation, shortness of breath [ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia]
- loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, severe constipation [paralytic ileus]
- involuntary movement of face, particularly around the mouth [tardive dyskinesia]
- loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, convulsion [syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.