Effects of this medicine
This medicine suppresses production of thromboxane A2 and promotes production of prostacyclin by selectively inhibiting thromboxane synthetase, leading to improvements in the imbalance between thromboxane A2 and prostacyclin, as well as to antiplatelet aggregation action.
It is usually used to improve paralysis of limbs associated with cerebral thrombosis in the acute phase, during which the blood vessels in the brain get clogged.
Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have bleeding (hemorrhagic cerebral infarction, epidural bleeding, intra-cerebral bleeding, primary intraventricular bleeding), brain embolism, heart problems, cortical symptoms such as disturbance of consciousness or speech loss/agnosia or cardioembolic stroke.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include liver dysfunction, hemorrhagic adverse reactions (hemorrhagic cerebral infarction/cerebral bleeding/gastrointestinal bleeding/subcutaneous bleeding, etc.), rash, anemia, asthma (like) attack, itch, hives, erythema and blood pressure decreased. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- headache, bloody stool, subcutaneous bleeding [bleeding]
- blood pressure decreased, respiratory distress, pharyngeal edema [shock, anaphylactoid symptoms]
- yellow discoloration of the skin and the white of eyes, general malaise, loss of appetite [liver dysfunction, jaundice]
- prolonged bleeding, gum bleeding, bruise [platelets decreased]
- fever, sore throat, general malaise [white blood cell decreased, granulocytopenia]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.