Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have pancreatitis or have a history of it.
If you have hepatic disorder, renal disorder, myelosuppresion, infection or chickenpox.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, hyperammonemia and shock. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- chill, palpitation, cold sweat, grow pale [shock, anaphylaxis]
- headache, nausea, vomiting, difficult to speak [serious coagulopathy such as cerebral hemorrhage, cerebral infarction and pulmonary hemorrhage]
- fever, nausea, vomiting, sudden severe abdominal pain [serious acute pancreatitis]
- general malaise, weight loss, dry mouth and thirst [diabetes due to pancreatic endocrinopathy (inflammation of Langerhans' islet)]
- decreased consciousness, impaired mind, flapping tremor in hands [hyperammonemia with consciousness disturbance]
- convulsion, visual disturbance, impaired judgment [encephalopathy (including reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome), coma, consciousness disturbance, disorientation, etc.]
- general malaise, loss of appetite, yellowing of the white of eyes [serious hepatic damage such as hepatic failure]
- vomiting, loss of consciousness, headache [organic disorder of brain]
- general malaise, fever, nasal bleeding [bone marrow depression]
- cold-like symptoms, general malaise, fever [severe infections such as pneumonia and sepsis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.