Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you have previously experienced any allergic reactions (itch, rash, etc.) to any medicines.
If you have decrease in bone marrow function, infections, liver disorder, history of interstitial pneumonia or pulmonary fibrosis, neurological or muscular diseases or history of these conditions, ischemic heart disease or history of this condition, or a tendency for constipation.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include bone marrow depression, loss of appetite, general malaise, alopecia, nausea, fever, vomiting, phlebitis, stomatitis, constipation, diarrhea, paresthesia/reduced tendon reflexes, and allergy-like symptoms. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- general malaise, bruise, dizziness [myelosuppression (leukopenia, anemia, and thrombocytopenia)]
- fever, headache, breathing difficulty [interstitial pneumonia, pulmonary edema]
- wheezing, crowing sound when breathing, sudden shortness of breath [bronchospasm]
- intense abdominal pain, abdominal bloating, no output of stool [paralytic ileus]
- general malaise, breathing difficulty, feeling of tight chest [cardiac failure, myocardial infarction, angina pectoris]
- rash, breathing difficulty, decreased blood pressure [shock, anaphylaxis]
- fever, cough, chest pain, breathing difficulty [pulmonary embolism]
- convulsion, impaired consciousness, loss of appetite [syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion]
- general swelling, fatigability, difficulty in urination [acute renal failure]
- sudden intense pain in low back and back, fever, nausea/vomiting [acute pancreatitis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.