Effects of this medicine
This medicine enters the cells and suppresses growth of malignant cells to destroy them.
It is usually used to treat ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, gastric cancer, uterine corpus cancer, recurrent/distant metastatic head and neck cancer, recurrent/distant metastatic esophageal cancer, angiosarcoma, progressive/recurrent uterine cervical cancer and recurrent/refractory germ cell tumor (testicular/ovarian/extragonadal tumor).
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include peripheral neuropathy, joint pain, muscle pain, nausea/vomiting, loss of hair, fever, rash, nail disorder, taste disorder, dizziness, fatigue, edema, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, stomatitis, nasopharyngitis, weight loss, weight gain, hypertension and interstitial pneumonia. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- sudden respiratory distress, chest pain, reduction in blood pressure, fast/slow pulse, hot flush in face, edema, sweating [shock, anaphylactoid symptoms]
- fever, chill, sore throat, cough, pain during urination, bleeding tendency, continuous bleeding, anemia [myelosuppression such as leukopenia]
- paralysis of limbs, difficulty in buttoning up clothes or manual dexterity task [peripheral neuropathy, paralysis]
- persistent cough, breathing difficulty, fever [interstitial pulmonary disease, fibrosis of the lung]
- sudden respiratory distress [acute respiratory distress syndrome]
- palpitation, shortness of breath, chest pain, breathing difficulty [myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, cardiac conduction disorder, pulmonary embolism, thrombophlebitis, stroke, pulmonary edema]
- hearing loss, ear ringing [hearing impairment, ear ringing]
- severe stomachache, melena [gastrointestinal necrosis, gastrointestinal perforation, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastrointestinal ulceration]
- severe stomachache, diarrhea [serious bowel inflammation]
- loss of appetite, nausea/vomiting, severe constipation, stomachache, abdominal distention [intestinal tract obstruction, paralysis of intestine]
- jaundice [hepatic function disorder, jaundice]
- severe upper abdominal pain [pancreatitis]
- inability to pass urine, urine with blood [acute renal failure]
- ring-shaped erythema in limbs, fever, diarrhea, burn-like symptoms [oculomucocutaneous syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis]
- bleeding tendency, continuous bleeding [disseminated intravascular coagulation]
- loss of urine volume [tumor lysis syndrome]
- unstableness while walking, speech disorder, memory loss, slow movement [leukoencephalopathy (includes reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome)]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.