Before using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist
- If you ever experienced any allergic reaction (itch, rash etc.) to any medicine.
If you are a patient with hepatic disorder, encephalopathy or coma of unknown cause, or urea cycle disorder.
If you have a family history of infant death of unknown cause.
- If you are pregnant, possible pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicinal products. (Some medicines may interact to enhance or diminish medicinal effects. Beware of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements as well as other prescription medicines.)
Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- General dosage regimen: Take 8 to 16 mL (400-800 mg of the active ingredient) daily, in two or three divided doses. The dosage may be adjusted according to the age or symptoms. However, the dosage is restricted up to 20 mL (1,000 mg) a day. You may dilute the medicine with water or milk just before taking medicine. Strictly follow the instructions of your doctor/pharmacist.
- If you missed a dose, take a dose as soon as possible. After taking the medicine, wait about 4 hours to take the next dose. DO NOT take double doses to make up for the missed dose.
- If you accidently took too much of the medicine (more than instructed), check with your doctor/pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without the instructions of your doctor.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
Common side effects are reported as below. If any of them occurs, check with your doctor/pharmacist: somnolence, ataxia or light-headed feeling, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, gastrointestinal disorder, general malaise, etc.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- general malaise, loss of appetite, nausea, yellowing in skin and white of eyes [hepatic disorder such as fulminant hepatitis]
- general malaise, loss of appetite, somnolence, light-headed feeling [consciousness disturbance associated with hyperammonemia]
- general malaise, dizziness, bruise [hemolytic anemia, pure red-cell aplasia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia]
- intense abdominal pain, fever, nausea [acute pancreatitis]
- fever, general malaise, loss of appetite, rash [oculomucocutaneous syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis]
- dry cough, shortness of breath, fever [interstitial pneumonia, eosinophilic pneumonia]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.