Effects of this medicine
This medicine inhibits phosphodiesterase III activity of the blood platelet and the vascular smooth muscle, and shows antiplatelet/vasodilating action, consequently improves blood flow.
It is usually used for the improvement of ischemic symptoms such as ulcer, pain, and chilly sensation based on chronic arterial occlusive disease, and prevention of recurrence of cerebral infarction.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
Common side effects are reported as below. If any of them occurs, check with your doctor/pharmacist: rash, eruption, hives, itch, photosensitivity, erythema, palpitation, tachycardia, glow, increase blood pressure, arrhythmia, decrease blood pressure, headache, headache dull, dizziness, insomnia, numbness, drowsiness, shivering (limb tremor), etc.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- chest pain, palpitation, shortness of breath [congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction, angina, ventricular tachycardia]
- headache, flulike symptoms, hematemesis/melena [bleeding (intracranial hemorrhage such as cerebral hemorrhage, pulmonary hemorrhage, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, nasal bleeding, fundal hemorrhage, etc.)]
- epigastric pain, tenderness, nausea [gastric/duodenal ulcer]
- sore throat, fever (hyperthermia), nasal/gum bleeding, subcutaneous hemorrhage [pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia]
- fever, dry cough, breathing difficulty [interstitial pneumonia]
- generalized fatigability, nausea, yellowness in skin or conjunctiva [liver dysfunction, jaundice]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.