Dosing schedule (How to take this medicine)
- Your dosing schedule prescribed by your doctor is (( to be written by a healthcare professional))
- In general, for children, take 35 mg/kg (3.5 mg/kg of the active ingredient) at a time, twice a day after breakfast and supper, by suspending the medicine in a glass of water. The dosage may be adjusted according to the disease, age or symptoms. The maximum daily dose is 100 mg/kg (10 mg/kg), which will not exceed the usual adult dose of 4.5 g (450 mg). Strictly follow the instructions.
- If you miss a dose, take a dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses at one time.
- If you accidentally take more than your prescribed dose, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless your doctor instructs you to do so.
Possible adverse reactions to this medicine
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsion, headache, drowsiness, rash, hives, pain in limbs, swelling of breasts/breast induration, breast pain and gynecomastia. If any of these symptoms occur, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
The symptoms described below are rarely seen as initial symptoms of the adverse reactions indicated in brackets. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor immediately.
- facial pallor/cold sweat, respiratory distress, hives [shock, anaphylaxis]
- fever, sore throat, nasal bleeding/gum bleeding/subcutaneous bleeding [leukopenia, thrombocytopenia]
- general malaise, nausea, yellowing of the skin and the conjunctiva [liver dysfunction]
- fever, dry cough, respiratory distress [interstitial pneumonia, eosinophilic pneumonia]
- muscle pain in limbs, stiffness, general malaise [rhabdomyolysis]
The above symptoms do not describe all the adverse reactions to this medicine. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any symptoms of concern other than those listed above.